Road Map To Success
Why web projects fail.
asked for this.
But you end up with
Now legal in Belarus!
Bad websites are an epidemic in the fitness industry.
Most fitness club websites suffers from the same deficiencies:
- High bounce rate: When your website takes more than two seconds to load, we see a precipitous drop off in leads, called the bounce rate. Hundreds of potential leads become impatient and leave before the website ever loads. A slow website reflects poorly on a business.
- Low conversion rate: Conversion rate is the percentage of visitors who complete a desired action such as requesting a free pass or signing up to become a member. The above mentioned bounce rate is a major factor.
- Unappealing design: A poorly functioning website that is not intuitive can lead to a huge drop in leads. Your website needs to be sleek, streamlined, and easy to use so that you can move your leads toward the conversion action.
- Poor planning: All fitness club websites we’ve worked on were inherited from other web developers who apparently invested zero effort in providing a success path with measurable goals for the club. Without this type of evidence, how can success be determined?
Your website must load in
2.00 seconds or less
Anything longer and you are losing tons of leads!
Source: Google Page Speed Insights.
Google gives charterfitness.com a score of 12 out of 100 for page speed, meaning that your website is much slower than it could be. This is impacting your bounce rate, and ultimately your conversion rate.
Your slow website is costing you members.
BUT THERE IS HOPE!
You will succeed where others have failed.
Because you know the one CRUCIAL ingredient that has been missing all along…
THE ONLY SOLUTION
The one thing nobody ever tried.
How a web project usually goes down:
- You tell the web developer what you want.
- They design the website to your specifications.
- Everyone agrees that it looks great!
- Plans are made to launch the new website.
Everything went according to plan, right?
Mistakes were already made.
The correct design is actually the one that generates the most new business for your club. And this can only be assessed by applying the scientific method.
The correct approach
Redesigning your website with split sample A/B experiments.
Hypothesis > Experiment > Conclusion
Instead of committing to a specific design concept up front, we need to carefully test multiple designs. Google Analytics gives us tools to display different versions of your website to different segments of your audience. After gathering enough data, Google will tell us which version of charterfitness.com causes the greatest increase in lead conversion rate.
By deploying content experiments, we can test wildly different versions of your website simultaneously. Without needing to do any design guesswork, we can distill your web design down until it becomes a lead generating machine.
Version A features a large image and a tantalizing offer. Version B is less visual and offers information rather than a deal.
Everybody in your organization LOVES version A and fully expects it to win.
But then shockingly it loses…
But you HATE Version B. It’s boring, drab, nowhere near as whiz bang and exciting as Version A. You would feel very proud to show your friend and family Version A, the loser.
Too bad, so sad.
Because no matter how we personally feel, Version B is actually the superior design. It is beautiful in its own way because of that critical number:
LEAD CONVERSION RATE
More conversions = more members = fortune and glory for your club.
I hope you got all that.
Because now you’re going to see some design concepts for your club.
But remember that these are just some of the potential design combinations we will work with in order to scientifically determine the correct design for your club. Our deliverable on this project is to increase your sales and membership above all other factors.
The possibilities are endless.
We might start with something minimalistic, vanilla and attention grabbing. This type of design draws powerful attention to content.
We will play around with the header colors and styles.
We keep testing and consistently improving your lead conversion rate.
And with every iteration
we check the
for a winner
makes failure impossible.
When changes are backed by evidence, you can make no mistakes.
With experiments you can do the unthinkable. You could even try the home page that every business owner fears.
You could show pricing.
And what if that worked?
What if the old wisdom that showing pricing up front is a bad idea turned out not to be true. What if showing the pricing to 10% of your visitors caused a spike in membership? Are we really going to trust common “wisdom” like this when the data can actually prove it?
With the scientific method, we can try anything without the fear of making a misstep.
Rather than finalize concrete designs, we need to continually brainstorm, experiment, analyze, and evolve.
If you follow this advice, you will end up with a high performance, lead generating machine that is the envy of every club owner.
But if you still don’t want to do this scientifically…
I’ll bring the Bepis!
Preferred over Conk!
So whenever you’re ready.
Let’s start experimenting!